Thursday, March 20, 2008

Making a plan

This morning, I got up and worked out at 5:15. It felt pretty good, though a bit sluggish. I think I may start doing that on days that I don't plan to run in the evenings (or maybe even on the days I plan to run in the evenings - might be a good way to get in both cardio and weights), just to ensure I'm not skipping my workouts because I'm lazy. Provided it's not raining, I'm very unlikely to skip a planned outdoor run, but other cardio? Always questionable.

Doing well so far this week on points. I'm a little concerned about the rest of the week however.

I get 22 points a day, plus the standard 35 flex points. On a typical day, I eat my 22 points, and sometimes any additional activity points I earn. The flex points I try to save, and then if I have one day where I go out to dinner, even though I still try to eat well, I just don't count the points and assume that took up all of my 35. It's probably not the best way to do it, but it's what works for me in terms of tracking.

Unfortunately, this week, I will be going out for a happy hour tonight, and then to a friend's house for Easter on Sunday, both events I would normally use as an "all flex point" event. Yes, the odds are not good that I will eat 35 points PLUS the remaining points I have left for today tonight at happy hour, but that way I don't have to count.

I think the solution is to actually try to count points tonight at the bar and figure it all out. Additionally, I will try to pick up some additional workout points throughout the week. I realize they don't carry over day to day, but it can't hurt.

No comments: